Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) & Auction Terms
Please read the following FAQ and refer to the appropriate section below for terms related to the classification of the auction (Modern, C&R, BP, Airgun, Ammo, etc.)
Emails are answered on weekdays only.
We are Hyatt Gun Shop located in Charlotte, NC. We have been in business in 1959 and are one of the largest guns stores in the area. We are a true gun store, not a sporting goods variety store. We sell guns, ammunition and direct gun accessories. We stock thousands of firearms!
Hyatt Gun Shop
3332 Wilkinson Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28208
Mon - Fri: 10am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 5pm
Terms & Common Questions About Our Auctions:
Are you an FFL dealer?
- Yes, we are an FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer.
Can I pick up my auction in the store?
- Usually yes. North Carolina residents are welcome to pick up handguns in the store, during normal business hours, with proper ID and Permit. NC residents and residents of some states are welcome to pick up rifles & shotguns in store during normal business hours with proper ID and background check. Residents of some certain other states cannot pick up any gun outside of their state. Check your local & state laws first.
Do you charge sales tax?
- Sales Tax of 7.25% is required if any one or more of the following are applicable...a) the item is picked up in the store; b) the buyer is a North Carolina resident; or c) the item is shipped to an address in NC.
What methods of payments do you accept?
- All items sold already include a 3% discount for cash: We accept US Postal Money Orders, Bank Cashier's Checks and Personal Checks (merchandise will held up to 10 days for personal, business and cashier's checks to clear). We also accept US issued Visa, MasterCard & Discover but 3% will be added. We do not accept PayPal, Wired Funds or International Checks or Credit Cards. Please make sure your payment includes the auction Item Number, your name and daytime telephone number.
Can a bid be retracted?
This auction system is different from some other auctions. Once a bid has been made, it cannot be retracted for any reason. The system does not allow for either you or me to remove any bids. You are contractually obligated to complete the purchase on any items you have the winning bid on. Failure to complete an auction for any reason is subject to a 25% restocking fee plus GunBroker auction charges.
Special Note For Outside The Continental US (48):
The Firearm Shipping Charge quoted in the auction is for delivery in the Continental 48 States ONLY. Shipping charges for AK and HI may be $25 or more higher. Shipping to PR and Guam will be even higher.
Shipping Upgrades: Brand New In Box Guns and Used Guns with original boxes will ship in them whenever possible. Guns without boxes will be wrapped in bubble wrap in a cardboard shipping box. Considering how shippers handle packages, we strongly suggest you upgrade to a New Hard Case for extra security & protection in shipping your gun. A Standard Handgun case is $10 each. A Large Handgun case is $20. A Standard Long Gun case is $25. Extra Large or Heavy Duty Cases are also available; email or call for details and pricing. Please contact us to verify the size of case needed for the gun.
Do you export or ship overseas?
- Sorry, no international sales.
Do you accept trades?
- We cannot accept any trades on our auctions.
Will you accept a counter offer?
- Our auctions are mostly consignments from estates and retiring shooters. The prices are set by the owner at the absolute minimum they will accept. If it does not sell after a period of time and the consignor will either take the item back or may choose to lower the price and we will adjust it in the auction.
Do you have a specific gun in stock?
- We have over 5,000 firearms in stock. Only a small percentage are here on auction. Please look thru our auctions. If you do not see what you are looking for, hit the "Ask Seller A Question" link in the auction and let us know what you are looking for. We are a very busy gun store and cannot always answer the phone. Please email questions instead of calling.
- It is SOLELY the BUYERS responsibility to verify the legality of any item in their jurisdiction. Buyer is also responsible for any and all fees associated with this auction (listing fees, final valuation fees, shipping, etc.) and a 25% restock fee if the item is returned or not shipped for any reason. By bidding on an auction you are certifying that you have personally verified the item is 100% legal to own in your jurisdiction.
IMPORTANT MA STATE RESTRICTIONS UPDATE:
- Due to odd state gun control laws...No handguns, firearm parts or magazine sales to MA.
ATTENTION NY & CT STATE RESIDENTS:
- Due to recent gun control laws...Contact us BEFORE bidding on any item to verify we will ship there.
ATTENTION COLORADO STATE RESIDENTS:
- Absolutely no magazine capable of holding more that 15 rounds or any shotgun capable of holding more than 8 shells will be shipped to CO.
ATTENTION CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
Any handgun shipped to a dealer in California MUST be exactly and specifically listed on the state approved website: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
How many times has it been fired?
- Guns do not have odometers like cars do. There is no device that tracks the number of rounds fired. No one can possibly know the answer to that accept the original owner and 99.9999% of them do not know it either. All guns, every single one, are test fired from one to several times before they leave the factory. If a gun is listed as used, there is a really, really good chance it has been fired. If by some incredible freak of nature and bizarre alignment of the planets that I do get a log of rounds fired with a used gun, I will note that in the listing.
What is the history of it?
- Unless specifically listed and described in the auction listing, we do not know the history of any used gun.
Does it come with ...?
- All accessories (box, manual, mags, etc.) with the gun are listed in the auction and shown in the pictures. Most used guns do not have any accessories, box or manual. If it is not shown in the pictures and listed in the auction, it is not included with the gun.
Is it all original?
- Unless EXPRESSLY stated in the auction listing, we do not guarantee that all parts or finish of any used gun to be original. Manufacturers do not stamp every single part of a gun with the full serial number. It is simply impossible for anyone to know if all parts are the original ones it left the factory with, especially on older guns. Used guns may or may not have all accessories as if they were new. In addition, used guns MAY have scratches, dings and/or small cracks in the stock and finish wear, scratches, light rust and/or pitting on the metal. This is normal. Used guns, especially older ones, may have been refinished.
What is the Return Policy on Used Guns?
- We only accept returns when notified within the three day inspection period. This inspection period begins the day the gun is delivered. Upon our discretion of your request to return it you will get a refund. The item must be return unused and in the exact same condition as our records & photo's indicate we shipped it. Firearms must be returned from the dealer we shipped to and received back here within 10 days of the day we shipped it. This refund will be less the auction listing and final valuation fees from the auction and a 25% restocking fee. Any item labeled or sold "As-Is" cannot be returned for any reason.
When was it made?
- If we know when a gun was made, we will post that information in the auction. If it is not listed in the auction, we do not know when it was made.
Is there a warranty?
- New guns have a warranty provided by the manufacturer.
What is the Return Policy on New Guns?
- We cannot accept any returns on new guns.
Do you require a FFL to ship a gun?
- Any any modern cartridge firearm (made after 1898) must ship to a FFL dealer. Before we can ship we require payment and a signed copy of your local dealers FFL.
There are three options for this:
1) You or your dealer can mail us a ink signed copy to the address below;
2) We can accept a scanned and emailed copy (A scanned and emailed FFL works best!!);
3) We can accept a faxed copy of a signed FFL from your dealer.
Whether scanned, faxed or mailed; the FFL must be clearly legible and include your name and auction information. If it is not clearly legible, we cannot ship. If we receive a license with no information on who it is for, we will not be able to match it to your auction. Poor license copies and lack of information as to what auction they are for are the main causes of shipping delays. We will only ship firearms to FFL dealers in the United States.
We will provide the receiving dealer with a copy of our FFL and detailed receipt included with the gun.
Attention California Residents: The state of California has just instituted a new gun control measure aimed at firearms imported into the state. This new law requires dealers sending a gun to California to obtain written permission for each and every gun before it can be shipped. Your dealer will now have to send us their Federal Firearms License (FFL), plus a copy of the California Firearms Dealers License & California Centralized List Number (CL#).
CURIO & RELIC FIREARMS
Do you accept Curio & Relic Licenses?
- Yes, on qualified guns we do. If a gun is C&R eligible, it will be listed as so in the auction. If it is not specifically listed as C&R Eligible, we cannot accept a C&R and will only ship to a regular FFL dealer. In order to ship to a Curio & Relic license holder, we require an signed copy of the license AND a copy of your drivers license be either regular mailed or emailed us. Without both the C&R and Drivers License, we cannot ship. We cannot accept a fax of a C&R License. Both the C&R and Driver's license information must match the auction system winning bidder information. The package will be sent Adult Signature Required, please make sure someone 21 or older will be there to sign for it.
We cannot ship C&R Handguns directly to residents of to CA, CT, DC, MA, MD, NJ, NY, or PR; they MUST ship to a regular FFL Dealer. We cannot ship C&R Long Guns (Rifles/Shotguns) to residents of CA, CT, DC, MA, NJ, NY or PR; they MUST ship to a regular FFL Dealer.
Illinois customers MUST provide Firearms Owners ID card for all C&R firearms. We cannot ship to a C&R in or around the Chicago area.
ANTIQUE & MODERN BLACK POWDER FIREARMS
Can you ship a Antique or Modern Black Powder gun directly to me?
- In most cases, yes. We require a clear, legible and un-defaced copy of your valid driver's license or state ID showing your age and current address. We will only ship to the address on the license. This may either be mailed to us with payment, legibly faxed to 704-394-0268 or scanned and emailed to us. (Scans work best!). The package will be sent Adult Signature Required, please make sure someone 21 or older will be there to sign for it. An Antique is defined and a firearm made in or before 1898. Antiques are sold as collectables only.
We cannot ship Cartridge Firing Antique Handguns directly to residents of to CA, CO, CT, DC, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, NV, OR or WA; they MUST ship to a regular FFL Dealer. We cannot ship Cartridge Firing Antique Rifles to residents of CA, CO, CT, DC, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, NV, OR or WA; they MUST ship to a regular FFL Dealer.
Antique & Modern Black Powder (Percussion, Flintlock, Cap & Ball or 209 Primer) firearms can be shipped directly to most locations. We will only ship Antiques & Black Powder guns to addresses in the 50 United States. We cannot ship any Black Powder guns to the cities of: New York & Surrounding Area, Washington DC, and Chicago / Oak Park. We cannot ship any Modern Black Powder or Antique Pistols, Rifles or Shotguns of any kind to residents of CA, CO, CT, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OR; they MUST ship to a regular FFL Dealer.
Can you ship a Airgun directly to me?
- In most cases, yes. We Require a copy of your valid driver's license or state ID showing your age and current address. We will only ship to the address on the license. This may either be mailed to us with payment, legibly faxed to 704-394-0268 or scanned and emailed to us. (Scans work best!). The package will be sent Adult Signature Required, please make sure someone 18 or older will be there to sign for it. We cannot ship Airguns to the states of CA, CT, HI, IL, MA, MI, NJ, NY, NV or Washington, DC We cannot export any airguns. All shipments must go to a USA address.
Can you ship ammunition and reloading components directly to me?
- In many cases, yes. We Require a copy of your valid driver's license or state ID showing your age (must be over 21) and current address. We will only ship to the address on the license. This may either be mailed to us with payment, legibly faxed to 704-394-0268 or scanned and emailed to us. (Scans work best!). IL will also require a FOID. The package will be sent Adult Signature Required, please make sure someone 21 or older will be there to sign for it. We cannot ship ammo or components to individuals in the states of AK, CA, CT, HI, MA, NJ, NY or Washington DC; but will ship to a FFL holder.
PARTS, ACCESSORIES, CLOTHING & OTHER ITEMS
Can you ship parts, clothing, accessories, etc... directly to me?
- We can ship almost all parts & accessories directly to any USA customers ONLY. No exports. The most notable exception be high capacity magazines to prohibited states & cities.
For Rifle parts & Magazines, you must be at least 18 and we require a copy of your driver's license or state ID showing your age and current address.
For Pistol parts & Magazines, you must be at least 21 and we require a copy of your driver's license or state ID showing your age and current address.
High Capacity Magazines: Any magazine with a capacity over 10 rounds cannot ship to the states of CA, CT, MA, MD, NY, cities of Chicago/Oak Park, IL; or to any foreign country. Any magazine with a capacity over 17 rounds cannot ship to the remainder of Illinois. No handgun magazine over 10 rounds to HI. No magazine over 15 rounds to CO or NJ. If you purchase a firearm with a high capacity magazine and live in a restricted city or state, you will not receive any magazine at all so do not even factor it into the auction.